Australia 2006 Roses
From Stamps of the World
- Issue Date: 27 January 2006
- Designed by: Lisa Christensen
- Printed by: SEP Sprint
- Print Process: Lithography
The origins of St. Valentine's Day date back to ancient Rome and the lovers' festival of Lupercalia, which was dedicated to the Roman Goddess Juno. A special stamp was released to celebrate the day and for use on other occasions throughout the year.
- Perforations: 14.5 x 14.0
- Format: sheetlets of 10
- Perforations: serpentine die cut 11¼ syncopated
- Formats: booklets of 10, sheetlets of 10
- stamps are scented
First Day Cover
The first day of issue postmark was Thornbury VIC 3071. A first day cover for the self-adhesive varieties was not officially produced.