From Stamps of the World
Barczewo ([barˈt͡ʂɛvɔ], German: Wartenburg in Ostpreussen) is a small town (7,401 inhabitants in 2006) in Olsztyn County, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland. The town dates its beginnings from 1325. Initially inhabited by the Baltic Old Prussians, with the Second Peace of Thorn in 1466 the area became part of the Kingdom of Poland until 1772; 1772-1945 Kingdom of Prussia and Germany (East Prussia).
Postmarks in Poland
Postmarks in Empire of Germany
Postmarks in North German Confederation
Postmarks in East Prussia province
WARTENBURG in OSTPREUSSEN used a postal code 1587, Kreis Königsberg.