Denmark 1875-1879 Definitives - Numerals in Øre
From Stamps of the World
- Issue Date: 1875-1879 (Printings until 1905)
Due to various print runs the issues for values was completed in 1879, however printings continued giving rise to a variety of shades through until 1905
- Designed by: Philip C.Batz
- Print Process: Letterpress
- Perforations: (C1) 14 x 13½ and (C2) 12¾ x 12¾
- Watermark: Crown II and III
A proof sheet printing of the Øre values 4 and 3 on proof printing compound sheet in a range of shades.
A large block from Frame Group 4 from the 1889 printing in dull brown/dull brownish violet.
Group 4 is distinguished by its bottom left floret being blunt in non-inverted (normal) stamps.