From Stamps of the World
Eger (pronunciation: [ˈɛɡɛr]) is the county seat of Heves, and the second largest city (56,530 inhabitants end 2010) in Northern Hungary (after Miskolc). Eger is best known for its castle, thermal baths, historic buildings (including the northernmost Ottoman minaret), dishes and red wines. The town is located on the Eger river, on the hills of the Bükk Mountains. Exonyms: in Latin as Agria, in German as Erlau, Serbian and Croatian as Jegar (Јегар), in Czech and Slovene as Jager, in Slovak as Jáger, in Polish as Jagier, in Turkish as Eğri.
Postmark in Hungary
Kingdom of Hungary era (1867-1945)
Name in 1867: EGER MAGYAR ORSZAG
Austrian Empire Hungary Crownland
The ERLAU post office opened before 1850.