GB 1d Red Die II Plate 8
From Stamps of the World
- Put to Press Date:24 March 1855
- Destroyed:8 May 1856
- Estimated sheets printed 90,000
- Alphabet II
- All combinations of Per 14 or 16 and Small Crown or Large Crown watermarks known. LC16 being rare.
- Constant Plate characteristics:
- E's are punched from two distinct punches on this plate, The middle serif is central on EA, EE and EJ whilst it is higher on all other E row and column stamps.
- Layout is quite good and noted varieties are less than previous plates.
|A Row |||B Row |||C Row |||D Row |||E Row |||F Row |||G Row |||H Row |||I Row |||J Row ||
|K Row |||L Row |||M Row |||N Row |||O Row |||P Row |||Q Row |||R Row |||S Row |||T Row ||