Isle of Man 1973 Definitives
From Stamps of the World
- Issued: 5th July 1973. (Inauguration Day)
- 6 Additional Values Issued in 1975: 4½p & 8p (PVA Gum) on 8th January; 5½p & 7p (PVA Gum) on 28th May; 11p & 13p (Gum Arabic) on 29th October.
- Design John H. Nicholson
- Printed by Courvoisier of Switzerland.
- Process: Photogravure on Granite Paper with Gum Arabic
- Sheet Format: 50. (5 by 10) except 10p,20p,50p & £1. (10 by 5)
- Stamp Sizes: (½p-9p): 42mm x 26mm (10p-£1) 29mm x 34mm
- Perforations: 11.5
- Withdrawn from Sale: 31st December 1978 (Except: 2p. 30th June 1983 & 3½p. 31st December 1985)
First Day Covers
Stamp Sachets - 10p
- Definitive stamps are loose and are from Normal Sheets.
Stamp Booklets - Stitched
- Issued on the 5th July 1973
- Panes of 2 within each Booklets are from the left and right Vertical marginal strips of 10 from the normal sheets of 50 (5 by 10). This results in Panes of 2 being Upright or Inverted.
- Issued on the 1st of April 1974. (All 3 booklets were placed on Sale at Interpex New York on March 22nd - FDC's are known)
- Marginal Panes of 4 within each Booklets are from the left and right Vertical marginal strips of 20 from the normal sheets of 50 (5 by 10). This results in Panes of 4 being Upright or Inverted.
Stamp Sachets 30p, 40p & 50p
- Issued on the 29th July 1974.
- Usually contains Non-Marginal Blocks of 4
Stamp Sachets 20p
- First Issued on the 25th April 1975 (Contained (3p x 2) + (4 x 3½p)
- Contents changed on 28th May 1975 (Contained (1½p x 2) + (3 x 5½p)
- Contents changed on 16th June 1975 (Contained (½p x 4) + (2 x 1½p) + (3 x 5p)
- First Issued on the 20th September (Contained (1p x 2) + (3 x 6p)
- Contents changed in March 1979 (Contained (1p x 2) + (3 x 6p)*
- The 6p was from a 1978 Links Commemorative set. Click on: Isle of Man 1978 Links