Jersey 1981 Arms of Jersey Definitive Issue
From Stamps of the World
- Issued: 24th February 1981 (½p-10p), 28th July 1981 (11p-15p & 20p),23rd February 1982 (25p,30p-50p & £1), 17th November 1983 (£5),25th October 1985 (16p & 17p), 23rd April 1987 (75p) & 26th April 1988 (18p,19p & 26p)
- Designer: Gordon Drummond (½p-£1) & Courvoisier Studios from a Photo by Norman Hepple (£5)
- Print Process: Offset Lithography by House of Questa (½p-£1) or in Photogravure by Courvoisier (£5)
- Sheet Formats: ½p to 75p in Sheets 50 (10 x 5). £1 in Sheets of 25 (5 by 5) & £5 in Sheets of 10 (5 x 2)
- Stamp Sizes 20½mm x 24½mm (½p-75p), 41mm x 24½mm (£1) & 34mm x 52mm (£5)
- Paper Variants: Matt and Glazed Papers Exist Perf 15 x 14. Matt recorded on 2p,3p,9p*,12p*,13p,14p & 15p. Glazed also found on 2p,3p,12p*,14p & 15p. Following Values exist on Glazed Paper only: 1p,4p,5p,6p,10p*11p*,13p,16p,17p,18p,19p,20p,26p,30p,40p,50p & 75p. The * = Booklet Pane only!
- Perforations: 14. (½p to £1) & Sheet Reprints of 9p, 11p & 12p. New Values 15x14 (16p,17p,18p,19p,26p & 75p);15x14 Sheet Reprints 1p,2p,3p,4p,5p,6p,13p,14p,15p,16p,20p,30p,40p & 50p :12½ x 12 (£5). The ½p, 7p,8p, £1 & £5 were not reprinted & exist in original perf type only.
- Note: 9p,10p,11p & 12p exist with Perf 15 x 14, these are from Booklet panes only issued between 1984-88.
- Stamp Sizes: 20½mm x 24½mm (½p-75p), 41mm x 24½mm (£1) & 34mm x 52mm (£5)
- Withdrawn: ½p on 31st December 1985; 1p to 10p on 31st January 1991; 11p to 20p on 31st March 1991; 25p to 75p on 30th April 1991; £1 on 31st March 1990; £2 on 30th April 1997.
- Note: (½p to 4p) show Gordon Drummond in Lower Case and (5p to £1) Show GORDON DRUMMOND in Capitals. No Value exists with both Styles.
- The 1986 £1 Queen Elizabeth II 60th Birthday Commemorative replaced £1 Map Definitive. Click on: Jersey 1986 60th Birthday of Queen Elizabeth II
First Day Covers
Additional Values (Perf 15 x 14)
Sachet Booklets (1981-88)
- Loose Arms Definitive Stamps inside can be either perf type. But 1981 normally would contain only Perf 14. (Issued before first Perf 15 x 14 type appeared 19th April 1983)
- 1981 & 1983 Sachet Covers are very similar
- 1981 Contains (2 x 7p) + (2 x 3p) = 20p
- 1983 Contains (1 x 11p) + (1 x 8p) + (2 x ½p) = 20p
- 1984 Contains (2 x 9p) + (1 x 12p) = 30p
- 1985 Contains (1 x 1p) + (3 x 3p) + (4 x 10p) = 50p
Booklets (Perf 14)
- Panes of 6 (3 by 2).See Cover for Contents.
Booklet Pane (Perf 14) First Day Covers
- Panes of 6 (3 by 2) Month and Year printed below Stamp 5 in the Margin
Booklets (Perf 15 x 14)
- Panes of 6 (3 by 2) See Cover for Contents
Booklet Panes of 6 (Perf 14)
- From £1.32p De Bagot Booklet Issued on 24th February 1981
- From £1.20p Poingdestre Booklet Issued on 1st December 1981
- From £1.32p Bisson Booklet Issued on 19th April 1983
Booklet Panes of 6 (Perf 15 x 14)
- From £2.16p Robin Booklet Issued on 27th April 1984
- From £3.12p Messervy Booklet Issued on 1st April 1986
- From £3.60p Fiott Booklet Issued on 6th April 1987
- From £3.84p Malet Booklet Issued on 17th May 1988